Monday, June 18, 2007

Thought on dads......

My thoughts and emotions yesterday were a bit too close to the surface to write anything, but I can't go too long without adding a little bit to my blog about my gratitude for fathers. Father's day is a bit bitter sweet for me, much like mother's day.....I find myself missing my father greatly, especially since this year was my first father's day without him. I find myself remembering long talks and trips to Disneyland, days at the range, and trips to the mall. I have never known a guy that liked to shop as much as my dad, even if it was just window shopping. I will miss him, but I also know he is in a better place and for that I am thankful.
But then I also feel incredibly grateful for the father I have chosen for my children. He is not only my companion and friend, but he is Hailey's hero...you can just see it in her eyes. He is so patient with her and they are just so much fun to watch when they play together. Lately he has been teaching her to play air guitar and lipsync to the ringtone on his cell phone. It cracks me up!
Someone said something in church yesterday that really made me think. She said, "Start today to become the kind of parent you have always wanted to be." Well, I want to be more like my husband and father. They are both great men and I am grateful to have them in my life.

1 comment:

lrbodine said...

Thanks for posting on my blog! I just added you to mine. Now I can keep up to date! In fact I should be getting my house cleaned up but instead I'm sitting here with Ellie on my lap catching up on your life. :)